THE CITY LECCE
The wonderful city of Lecce which is the capital of the Salento region is called "Florence of the South", due to its unique beauty.
Visit beautiful coastal town Polignano a Mare or Monopoli. The South of Apulia offers beautiful beaches and crystal-clear water.
Stay in a typical Apulian masseria or a Trullo which is also very characteristic for this Italian region and offers a special experience.
The destination Apulia
Apulia dazzles with more than 800 coastal kilometres, around 300 sunny days per year and contrasting landscapes. The eye cannot get enough of the nature’s play of colours with the white chalk, the azure ocean, the luminous green forests and the red terra!
Due to the fact that Apulia is the flattest of the Italian regions, it offers many long beaches and beautiful coastlines at the Adriatic and the Ionic Sea. The promontory of Gargano in the northern part of Apulia, rises up to 1,000 m and provides a nice contrast with its Dauno mountains and the Monte Cornacchia (1,152 m).
What awaits you on your group tour to Apulia?
You will start your trip in a charming small town in the hinterland of the province of Bari. Your accommodation for the first days of your trip is centrally located in the old town. During your stay, a varied breakfast buffet awaits you in the hotel restaurant every morning. In the evening, the chef de cuisine will spoil you with Apulian delicacies made of fresh seasonal products.
In the first part of your trip you will visit:
- A unique harbour town, which is characterized by the typical, bright chalkstone Pietra tranese.
- Famous UNESCO World Heritage Sites, like the capital of the Trulli and the Castel del Monte
- A beautiful coastal town in the South of the Costa di Bari with high, steep cliffs and sea caves
- A Masseria, a typical old Apulian farm, with a product tasting session
- The “white city” Ostuni and the capital of Apulia, the city of Bari
The second part of your trip, you will spend in a modern, centrally-located hotel in the provincial capital of Salento in the South of Apulia.
You will visit:
- The wealthy baroque city Lecce, which is also called “Florence of the South”
- Beautiful harbour towns, which also have Greek origin
- Sea caves, which you can explore on a boat ride along the craggy coastline
Booking and further information
A detailed program of this group tour to Apulia and a full price list is available on request. The tour can also be booked for small groups. Requests can be sent via our contact form, E-Mail or telephone: +49 611 945879-42. If requested we can adapt the duration of this journey according to your needs.
We are looking forward to your request!